Call for Education Papers
We seek original contributions for presentation and publication in the Eurographics 2023 Education track. The scope includes various topics related to education:
- Teaching Computer Graphics courses to diverse audiences.
- Teaching related areas such as Visualisation, Animation, VR/AR/XR, 3D printing, Game Development.
- Designing and teaching online and hybrid courses in the areas mentioned above.
- Enabling and exploiting visual tools and techniques to teach in other disciplines.
We invite authors to submit their contributions that fall into one of the following categories:
- Regular papers [max. 8 pages]
describing the experience of educators in the fields listed above, bringing ideas on how to make the education process more efficient and funnier, attracting students to further research work, discussing innovative opportunities, etc. Whenever possible, we encourage authors to provide evidence of their effectiveness.
- (Catching) assignments [max. 4 pages]
explaining real assignments, providing examples of handouts and starter codes and examples of student works. Explanations and descriptions of when and how to implement and facilitate the assignments in a semester (e.g., orchestration details) are highly recommended. Providing a description of the assessment method is also suggested. Authors may provide all relevant artifacts as supplementary materials during submission, and agree to provide access to them online upon acceptance.
- Outstanding student projects (individual or group) [max. 2 pages]
should describe the learning context for the project and show how the student(s) brought creativity to their work. Upon acceptance, authors are expected to demonstrate the project during their presentation.
The best regular papers will be recommended to the editors of prestigious journals in the field, Computer Graphics Forum, Computers and Graphics, and IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications, who may invite the authors of these papers to submit extended versions to their journals. The best assignments may be published in the CGEMS.
- Feb. 12, 2023: Submission deadline
- Mar. 3, 2023: Notification to authors
- Mar. 31, 2023: Camera-ready
* All deadlines are at 23:59 UTC.
Anonymous submissions must be formatted according to the Eurographics Author’s guidelines. Submissions will be made electronically through the Eurographics Submission and Review Management (SRMv2) system and are subject to a review process.
The submission deadline for education papers is February 12, 2023.
Eurographics 2023 Education Paper Chairs
- Alejandra Magana, Purdue University, USA
- Jiri Zara, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czechia
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact the education program co-chairs via email@example.com.